|When:||Back to Calendar June 1, 2017 (all-day)||✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
|Tags:||brewing career farm horticulture|
Full-Time at 35 hours per week/Seasonal/8 weeks (with potential for extension)
Government of Canada Summer Jobs
Deadline for applications: May 10, 2017
Ideal start date: June 1, 2017
Location: Ashdale, Nova Scotia (906 Woodville Road)
An adventure, or a wrong turn, leads you to Meander River Farm & Brewery. Nestled beside the twisting river it’s named after, the Farm provides an agri-tourism experience like no other. With 186 acres, the farm features a micro-brewery, retail shop, hopyards, rows of lavender, lush gardens, Hants County’s tallest waterfall, and seasonal livestock. The farm produces seasonal brews and ciders, and handmade products from farm resources. Products include reclaimed wood birdhouses and benches, lavender soaps and creams, honey and pickled veggies.
Meander River Farm & Brewery is seeking a Retail & Farm Associate. Reporting to the owner (Head Brewer and Master Gardener), the Retail & Farm Associate responsibilities would be, but are not limited to:
Retail & Brewery:
- Opening, closing, maintenance of retail shop
- Filling, cleaning, labeling growlers and bottles for markets, sales
- Brewery maintenance, preparation for brewing process
- Providing farm experience to customers
- tours, tastings, POS
- Beer and cider industry event tastings, off-site
- Operating heavy machinery, ie. Tractors, lawn mowers, chainsaws, etc.
- Landscaping, yard maintenance
- Hopyard, garden and lavender field maintenance
- Animal husbandry
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner
- 19 + years of age (of legal drinking age)
- Customer service experience
- Excellent communication
- Ability to lift in excess of 50 lbs
- Valid Driver’s license
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, weekdays, or some holidays
- Must be a student returning to school in fall of 2017
- Interest in local craft brewing industry
- Knowledge, continuing education in beer, cider, spirits and/or wine
- Experience with heavy machinery, animal husbandry
- Green thumb
At Meander River, all employees are hands on in all aspects of this small business and we are looking for the Retail & Farm Associate to be passionate about the Farm as a whole.
If you are an out going, hard working, devoted individual interested in immersing yourself in a small business, craft beer industry with a love of the outdoors and farming, please provide your Cover Letter and Resume to Campbell Bailey firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.