Brewery & Retail
Full-Time at 35 hours per week/Seasonal/8 weeks (with potential for extension)
Part-time at 20 hours per week/Seasonal/8 weeks (with potential for extension)
Government of Canada Summer Jobs
Deadline for applications: June 5, 2020
Ideal start date: June 22, 2020
Location: Ashdale, Nova Scotia (906 Woodville Road)
An adventure, or a wrong turn, leads you to Meander River Farm & Brewery. Nestled beside the twisting river it’s named after, the Farm provides an agri-tourism experience like no other. With 186 acres, the farm features a micro-brewery, retail shop, hopyards, rows of lavender, lush gardens, Hants County’s tallest waterfall, and seasonal livestock. The farm produces seasonal brews and ciders, and handmade products from farm resources. Products include reclaimed wood birdhouses and benches, lavender soaps and creams, honey and pickled veggies.
Meander River Farm & Brewery is seeking a Brewery & Retail Associate. Reporting to the owners (Head Brewer and Master Gardener), the Brewery & Farm Associate responsibilities would be, but are not limited to:
- Retail & Brewery:
- Opening, closing, maintenance of retail shop
- Preparation of growlers and bottles for sales
- Detailed customer service by sharing farm to glass experience to customers through tours, tastings, point of sale system.
- Special on-site and off-site events (ie. wedding bartending, markets)
- 19 + years of age (of legal drinking age)
- Customer service experience
- Ability to lift in excess of 50 lbs
- Valid Driver’s license, reliable transportation to Ashdale
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Knowledge, continuing education in beer, cider, spirits and/or wine
- Restaurant or Food & Beverage service experience
- Experience with heavy machinery, animal husbandry
- Ability to perform project based tasks with the end result in mind
At Meander River, all employees are hands on in all aspects of this small business and we are looking for the Brewery & Retail Associate to be passionate about the Farm as a whole. Being a team player, having a sense of humour, and hard work ethic are a must!
If you are a hard working, devoted individual interested in immersing yourself in a small business, craft beer industry with a love of sustainable living, please provide your Cover Letter and Resume to Campbell Bailey info at meanderriverfarm dot ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.