Full-Time at 35 hours per week/Seasonal/8 weeks (with potential for extension)
Government of Canada Summer Jobs (Pending Funding)
Deadline for applications: May 20, 2019
Ideal start date: June 1, 2019
Location: Ashdale, Nova Scotia (906 Woodville Road)
Meander River Farm & Brewery is seeking a Farm Associate. Reporting to the owners (Head Brewer and Master Gardener), the Retail & Farm Associate responsibilities would be, but are not limited to:
- Operating heavy machinery, ie. Tractors, lawn mowers, etc.
- Landscaping, yard maintenance, weeding, pruning and harvesting
- Hopyard, garden and lavender field maintenance
- Animal husbandry (pigs, chickens, turkeys)
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner
- Outdoor project and task based work
- Excellent communication
- Ability to lift in excess of 50 lbs
- Valid Driver’s license, reliable transportation
- 19 + years of age (preferred but not required)
- Experience with heavy machinery, animal husbandry
- Ability to perform project based tasks with the end result in mind
- Green thumb
At Meander River, all employees are hands on in all aspects of this small business and we are looking for the Farm Hand to be passionate about the Farm as a whole. Being a team player, having a sense of humour, and hard work ethic are a must!
If you are a devoted individual interested in immersing yourself in a small business with a love of the outdoors, and sustainable living, please provide your Cover Letter and Resume to Campbell Bailey email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.