Full-Time at 35 hours per week/Seasonal/8 weeks (with potential for extension)
Government of Canada Summer Jobs
Deadline for applications: May 16, 2018
Ideal start date: June 1, 2018
Location: Ashdale, Nova Scotia (906 Woodville Road)
An adventure, or a wrong turn, leads you to Meander River Farm & Brewery. Nestled beside the twisting river it’s named after, the Farm provides an agri-tourism experience like no other. With 186 acres, the farm features a micro-brewery, retail shop, hopyards, rows of lavender, lush gardens, Hants County’s tallest waterfall, and seasonal livestock. The farm produces seasonal brews and ciders, and handmade products from farm resources. Products include reclaimed wood birdhouses and benches, lavender soaps and creams, honey and pickled veggies.
Meander River Farm & Brewery is seeking a Farm Associate. Reporting to the owners (Head Brewer and Master Gardener), the Retail & Farm Associate responsibilities would be, but are not limited to:
- Operating heavy machinery, ie. Tractors, lawn mowers, etc.
- Landscaping, yard maintenance
- Hopyard, garden and lavender field maintenance
- Animal husbandry
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner
- Outdoor project and task based work
- 19 + years of age (preferred but not required)
- Customer service experience
- Excellent communication
- Ability to lift in excess of 50 lbs
- Valid Driver’s license, reliable transportation
- Must be available to work weekends and/or some holidays
- Must be a student returning to school in fall of 2018
- Experience with heavy machinery, animal husbandry
- Ability to perform project based tasks with the end result in mind
- Green thumb
At Meander River, all employees are hands on in all aspects of this small business and we are looking for the Retail & Farm Associate to be passionate about the Farm as a whole. Being a team player, having a sense of humour, and hard work ethic are a must!
If you are a devoted individual interested in immersing yourself in a small business with a love of the outdoors and farming, please provide your Cover Letter and Resume to Campbell Bailey email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.