Brewery & Retail Associate
Full-Time at 35 hours per week/Seasonal/8 weeks (with potential for extension)
Government of Canada Summer Jobs (Pending Funding)
Deadline for applications: May 20, 2019
Ideal start date: June 1, 2019
Location: Ashdale, Nova Scotia (906 Woodville Road)
Meander River Farm & Brewery is seeking a Brewery & Retail Associate. Reporting to the owners (Head Brewer and Master Gardener), the Brewery & Farm Associate responsibilities would be, but are not limited to:
- Retail & Brewery:
- Opening, closing, maintenance of retail shop
- Preparation of growlers and bottles for sales
- Detailed customer service by sharing farm to glass experience to customers through tours, tastings, point of sale system.
- Special on-site and off-site event and retail support
- 19 + years of age (of legal drinking age)
- Customer service experience
- Ability to lift in excess of 50 lbs
- Valid Driver’s license, reliable transportation to Ashdale
- Knowledge, continuing education in beer, cider, spirits and/or wine
- Restaurant or Food & Beverage service experience
- Experience with heavy machinery, animal husbandry
- Ability to perform project based tasks with the end result in mind
- Green thumb
At Meander River, all employees are hands on in all aspects of this small business and we are looking for the Brewery & Retail Associate to be passionate about the Farm as a whole. Being a team player, having a sense of humour, and hard work ethic are a must!
If you are a hard working, devoted individual interested in immersing yourself in a small business, craft beer industry with a love of sustainable living, please provide your Cover Letter and Resume to Campbell Bailey firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.